Some departments have shared advising responsibilities rather than one specific advisor. If you do not see a specific advisor name at this location, you can find additional information about your department's advising team here.
Step 1: Log onto your myKU Portal
Step 2: On the left side dashboard under “Academics” click on “My Progress”
Step 3: Click on “Academics”
Step 4: Click on “Make an advising appointment”
Step 5: You will then be directed to the MySuccess portal
Step 6: While in MySuccess portal click on "MySuccess Network" and then select "Show people in this term"
Step 7: Scroll to see your advisor's name and click on "Schedule Appointment"
Step 8: Once you have an appointment scheduled look through information on what you should do before your appointment.
If you receive a login error please open up a different web browser and try again or you can also access MySuccess through Blackboard and then follow steps 5-7 upon clicking on MySuccess in the left side under "tools."
Please view the MySuccess website for further instructions on how to schedule an appointment online.
To do so you will need to set up your profile in your MySuccess portal. Below are directions on how to do so:
- Log into your myKU portal
- Click on "MySuccess" under "Academics" on the left side dashboard
- Click MySuccess Portal
- In your Home page on the top right click on your name
- Fill our your Contact Information please include your Name as the Login tab, KU Email in the Institutional Email tab and your Cell Phone in the Phone tab (Not the Cell Phone tab). We would like you to include your phone number so we are able to call your incase we need to reschedule your appointment.
- Fill out the bottom portion under Weekly Updates. Set your Reminder Preferences to Email me at 5:00pm the day before an appointment. This will allow an email be sent to you well in advance so you remember your appointment. You can also choose to have an email sent to you 15-60 minutes before your appointment.
- Click Submit
You can also view a video on how to set up your profile through the MySuccess website