• Home
  • Degree Progress Report

Degree Progress Report

What is the Degree Progress Report (DPR)?

The Degree Progress Report (DPR) is a tool that provides information about the completion of a student’s degree requirements. The DPR shows both requirements that have been completed and those that still need to be completed.

The DPR is KU’s new degree tracking tool that replaced ARTS.

How can I find the DPR?

Under the Advising tab in the Kyou Portal

Select the Progress tab.

After you click the Generate Report button your browser will refresh and a View DPR link will appear. Click this link to view the DPR.

What is the Checklist?

The Checklist is PDF document that shows a summary of a student’s degree requirements for both general education and major requirements. Please be sure your browser has pop-ups enabled.

What is the Advising Report?

Toward the bottom of the Progress tab in the Kyou Portal there is button to “Print Advising Report”. This report will show a listing of all courses a student has taken semester-by-semester.

Why are there DPR reports already run for a student’s record?

Each time you generate a DPR the report is saved in the Kyou Portal. A DPR report may have been generated by the student or an advisor as needed for advising purposes. Previously generated reports do not reflect changes that have occurred since the report was run.

Tips for using the DPR vs. ARTS:

  • The Checklist and the Advising report together most closely reflect information previously found in ARTS. The Checklist will show the general education and major requirements, and the Advising report will show the semester-by-semester course listing. Please note, the Advising report lists most recent semesters first, whereas ARTS begins the course listing with the oldest semester first.
  • In the DPR, transfer work is listed under the semester in which it was transferred, not under the semester it was taken. However, in the Advising report the transfer work will appear under the semester it was taken.
  • The DPR does not “add-on” hours as done in ARTS. Instead, hours that are counting toward the degree will show under KU Hours and GPA Calcs > Hours Toward CLAS Degree(s).


How to navigate the DPR:

Once you have generated the DPR and clicked on the View DPR link, it is recommended that you click the Hide All link in the upper right area of the DPR. This will collapse all of the requirements to overall headings. From here you can easily choose to view your general education, major, and hours and GPA requirements.

Where are currently enrolled courses listed?

Currently enrolled courses and courses pending incomplete or waiting grades (WG) are listed under In-Progress courses at the top of the DPR.

Where can I find the total hours needed and completed?

Under the KU Hours and GPA Calcs > Hours Toward CLAS Degree(s), then click the Show button.

Hours Toward CLAS Degree(s) is the minimum number of hours a student must have to graduate. Total hours completed should equal the number of transfer hours (graded A-C) plus the number of KU (graded A-D) hours. Currently enrolled hours are not included for this calculation.

Please be aware of the limits on certain types of hours such as:

  • Hours Beyond Limit of 64 Community Colleges (D's Not Included)
  • Hours Beyond Limit of 20 Outside of CLAS and SOTA
  • Hours Beyond Limit of 4 from Physical Education
  • Hours Beyond Limit of 6 from Music Performance Groups
  • Repeat/Similar Courses Not Counting

Where can I find my GPA?

Under KU Hours and GPA Calcs > KU Cumulative Graduation GPA, then click the Show button.

The KU Cumulative Graduation GPA reflects only those courses taken at KU. Your academic standing (for example, honor roll, and/or probation designation) is determined by your KU Cumulative Graduation GPA.

Where can I find CLAS hours?

Under KU Hours and GPA Calcs > Liberal Arts & Sciences Hours, then click the show button.

Students in the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences are required to have 100 CLAS hours. Only courses taken through the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences contribute to these hours.

What else can I find under the KU Hours and GPA Calcs?

  • Junior/Senior (300+) level hours
  • KU Residency hours
  • KU and Transfer Cumulative GPA
  • Community College hours
  • Physical Education hours

Connect with the College

Student Academic Services
(785) 864-3500
Staff Profiles

College Undergraduate Newsletter
Home to 50+ departments, centers, and programs, the School of the Arts, and the School of Public Affairs and Administration
KU offers courses in 40 languages
No. 1 ranking in city management and urban policy —U.S. News and World Report
One of 34 U.S. public institutions in the prestigious Association of American Universities
Nearly $290 million in financial aid annually
44 nationally ranked graduate programs.
—U.S. News & World Report
Top 50 nationwide for size of library collection.
23rd nationwide for service to veterans —"Best for Vets," Military Times