Committee on Graduate Studies (CGS)
Much of the work of the CGS is conducted in three subcommittees.
- Program and Curricular Changes Subcommittee
- Policies and Student Petitions Subcommittee
- Proposals, Scholarships, and Awards Subcommittee
The full committee of CGS meets during the academic year on each date (Thursdays) noted below from 11:00 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. in 210 Strong Hall. The CGS does not meet if classes are not in session. The following are scheduled meeting dates for 2017-2018:
- August 24
- September 14 and 28
- October 12 and 26
- November 9 and 30
- December 14
- January 25
- February 8 and 22
- March 8 and 29
- April 12 and 26
- May 10
CGS and its sub-committees make every effort to review program changes, curricular changes, and petitions submitted by departments in a timely fashion. The CGS schedule of submission deadlines provides departments with a guide to the timing of the review process.
Department representatives are welcome to attend the full CGS committee meeting at any time, and may find it especially useful to do so when curricular or program changes for their department are under consideration.
The following are links to online forms and information pertaining to program, curricular and petition processes governed by the CGS.
- Proposals for New Graduate Programs & Certificates
- Curricular changes must be submitted via the Curricular Information Management system in catalog copy form.
- Program changes must be submitted via the Curricular Information Management system in catalog copy form.
- Petition Forms*
- Graduate Certificate Renewals »
*Petition forms are only available to those with access to the Graduate Studies PtD system. Contact your department staff person if you have questions about access.