Summer: The season of sunshine, pool days, and taking a class or two to catch up, stay on track, or get ahead. Not sure if summer school is right for you? Check out the reasons below for why you should take the leap and make the most of your summer.
- Stay on track – Maybe even get ahead
The last year has been a lot to say the least. With that in mind, summer classes are your friend AND a great way to stay on track – or get back on track – for graduation. Not sure what to take? Check out our cool classes or talk to your advisor!
Summer classes are no joke, but it’s a great time to take on a class that you've been putting off or to pursue a topic of interest that may not fit your fall or spring schedule. Plus, with plenty of online options, you can still earn credits even without being on campus.
- KU Core
There are more than 160 classes available during the summer that will fulfill a KU Core requirement. (Seriously, we counted.)
- Take a hard, single class
Need a chance to really concentrate on a writing, math, or science course? The summer is the perfect time to focus on a class that you’ve maybe been dreading or know will need your singular attention.
- Take a cool elective (Enrichment courses for life.)
You know those classes that catch your eye every year? The classes about zombies, Russian graphic novels, samurais or sci-fi films – now is the time! Go for it.
Not a current KU student? Here’s how you get started.
- Not seeking a KU degree? Apply for non-degree admission.
- Non-degree students pay tuition based on residency
- Non-degree students enroll beginning April 28, 2021
- Transfer Student ready to enroll this summer? Apply for transfer admission.
- Incoming Student for Fall 2021? Update your admission term to Summer 2021.
- Former KU Undergraduate Student? Apply for readmission.