Why Be a LEADer?
The Legal Education Accelerated Degree (LEAD) Program is an innovative program where KU students in the College of Liberal Arts & Sciences can earn both a Bachelor of Arts and a Juris Doctorate degree in six years instead of seven. As a KU LEAD Program student, you will have the opportunity to:
- Save a year of undergraduate tuition through this accelerated pathway
- Receive guaranteed admission to KU Law upon meeting assured admission criteria
- Build your law school support network before you start by connecting with KU law professors and students during your time as an undergraduate student
- Prepare for your career through guided experiences offered by the School of Law, such as visiting the Kansas Supreme Court, observing trial courts, and exploring private law firms
- Access to specialized internship opportunities